WASDA is implementing two projects with AMREF.
i) The Orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) project
ii) Kenya sanitation and Hygiene Improvement project (KSHIP).
The WASDA OVC Project
WASDA in partnership with APHIA plus IMARISHA (AMREF led consortium) is implementing OVC and support Program in the County of Wajir. The project is covering Wajir East, Tarbaj and Wajir south constituency. The beneficiaries were targeted under previous APHIAplus.
Currently the project support is family/community centred compared to the earlier child centered strategy. The goal of the project is to scale up and provide quality standard OVC care and support in Wajir East ,Tarbaj,Wajir South and Habaswein districts in Wajir County.
The areas of service provision include:
a)Food and Nutrition
b) Education and Support Vocational training
c) Health Care
e) Psycho-social support
f) Shelter and Care
f) Household economic strengthening
g) Referral and linkages
- 276 pc of sanitary pads was distributed for adolescence girls.
- 84 secondary students school fees were paid
- 16 HH supported sewing -machines distributed
- HHs and 504 ovc in institutions benefited from kitchen gardens
- 50 Birth certificate forms for OVC were distributed in community levels
- 637 OVC were supported for counseling
- 266 OVC HH’s mobilized for livestock support in Dasheg,Riba,Khorofharar,Tarbaj,Kutulo,Lagboqol,Habaswein,Dilmanyale& Abakore
- 5 OVC institutions were supported in the provision of kitchen garden-water tank, stand, piping system for small irrigation